Where do I file a Petition for Guardianship?

In Michigan, you can file a Petition for Guardianship in the probate court in the county where the alleged incapacitated person resides or where they are present. This means that if the person lives in one county but is hospitalized or is in rehabilitation or residential care in another county, the petitioner has a choice of filing a petition in either county.