My father is a chronic alcoholic. Can I get Guardianship?

Chronic intoxication is a basis to obtain Guardianship.  The person petitioning for Guardianship must show that the person who is the subject of the Guardianship petition is incapacitated due to the chronic intoxication, an underlying medical or cognitive condition that is made worse by the alcohol abuse, or a mental or physical disability connected to the chronic intoxication.  In addition, the Petitioner must demonstrate the need for the Guardian's appointment.