Do I need the court’s permission to move my mother to a different county?

No. Unless there are specific restrictions in the Letters of Guardianship, you can move your mother out of county. You always need to provide notice to the probate court of any address change. Once the ward is relocated to a different county, the probate court will administratively transfer the guardianship to the new county.