I need to sell my father’s house since he is in a nursing home? How do I do that?

You need to obtain authority to sell your father’s house by filing for conservatorship in the probate court in the county in which he resides. The Letters of Conservatorship from the court will give you the authority to sell any real property to pay for his nursing care or if the carrying costs of the house are depleting the estate. However, even once you have been appointed as conservator, some probate courts will require you to obtain a specific order providing approval for the sale of the ward’s property. You will need to check your Letters of Conservatorship to see if this additional requirement is listed.